GRAND ISLAND, Neb. — A widow from Sudan who had lived in the United States for about eight years fell to her death Saturday after a fire broke out in a high-rise apartment building. The fire was caused by “careless discarding of smoking materials,” Grand Island Fire Division Chief Tim Hiemer said.

GRAND ISLAND, Neb. — A widow from Sudan who had lived in the United States for about eight years fell to her death Saturday after a fire broke out in a high-rise apartment building.

The fire was caused by “careless discarding of smoking materials,” Grand Island Fire Division Chief Tim Hiemer said.

Read more:

http://www.omaha.com/news/nebraska/woman-fell-to-her-death-during-grand-island-blaze-while/article_f6f01b24-8701-11e5-91a2-a36aac38d021.html